Wednesday 5 March 2008

What is a PUA?

The acronym PUA is short for Pick-Up Artist.

To me, a PUA is a person who is knowledgeable of game and applies it in every day life. A true PUA is one who loves women and wants to improve his own life as well as the women he comes in to contact with - 'leave her better than you found her'.

What people in todays society think when they hear someone is a PUA or someone who learns how to be good with women. They typically see it as weird. It's not something that is talked about much and seems manipulative. Actually it is manipulative, in a good way.

We're all conditioned socially. We have a ton of beliefs about ourselves and our capabilities. We're not really taught to go after what we want. Most of us move away from bad emotions instead of towards positive ones. I think Tyler from Real Social Dynamics said something along the lines of "because we're stimulated so early on in life that it teaches us to go after these short-term pleasures instead of looking at the long-term pleasures.".

I don't even really identify myself as a PUA yet I do study Pick-Up because I love women and I love to learn about people and social dynamics - I see why I could be considered a PUA and it seemed a better way of identifying what this site is really about. Most true PUAs know it's about improving yourself and having fun and bringing out other peoples best self.

No comments:

Favourite/share this page